Gluten-free Apple Oatmeal Cookies
They’re so good, you’ll forget they’re healthy!
Yield: 36 cookies
- Stand mixer (or mixing bowl and electric mixer or whisk)
- Measuring Cups
- Large bowl
- 2 cups oat flour* See notes
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- tbsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp cardamom* See notes
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup coconut oil* See notes
- ½ cup almond butter
- 1 cup honey or pure maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 ¾ cup quick oats
- 1 ½ cup apple chunks
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the oat flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the melted coconut oil, almond butter, sugar, and vanilla extract. Beat in the eggs.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and stir just until combined.
- Stir in the oats until almost combined and then stir in the apples. The dough will be sticky.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper.
- Roll the dough into 1″ and place the dough balls 3″ apart on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 9-12 minutes or until the tops of the cookies no longer appear wet. They will be soft but will firm up as they cool.
- Let cool for 2-3 minutes on the baking sheet and then place on wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy! Store remaining cookies (if there are any) in airtight container.
These cookies can be made with all-purpose flour as well. Be careful to add a small amount at a time, as the amount needed may vary. If coconut oil is not available, use 8 tbsp of vegan or regular butter.